About

The SL Developer’s Corner is my place in the virtual world “Second Life”, where i experiment and tinker with the features of this platform. I try to publish my experiences and often also include the source code of the scripts on this site. Other posting related to Second life can be also found on Happy Coding 2nd-life section.

Friday 16 March 2007

Twitter/Second Life Mashup

I have created a little application for integrating the Twitter service into second life. I named it "twitterer" ;)
As you can see in this screenshot, the twitterer gets the newest messages from the twitter-service and displays them above some spheres.
For every status-message which comes from the twitter-xml-feed the application creates a sphere and than refreshes it every 30 seconds.

And it can also submit messages to twitter, so you are able to write messages in-world to twitter. I like such things. :)
As "backend"-stuff i use some RubyOnRails. I will submit the code this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice

Anonymous said...

Can I buy this in second life? Where?